University of Ballarat (TAFE Division)
Yum Studio eLearning - Trade Teachers Mobile Teaching strategies
The University of Ballarat (UB) is Australia's only regional multi-sector university. UB are the third oldest site of higher learning in Australia, and offer secondary schooling, TAFE, higher education, and research opportunities.
UB introduced trade trainers supporting remote trainees in baking, plumbing, building and hairdressing to a new assessment management system "Atom". Atom was the centerpiece of mobile tablet rollout to trainers, enabling them to update learning and assessment records direct to UB servers whilst on the road with trainees on their remote work sites.
UB issued these trainers with Samsung Galaxy tablets with which to store and manage their assessment and training materials, plans and forms, capture evidence of learner's competence, and mobile communication.
Yum delivered the Tablet familiarisation and professional development to UB Trade Trainers over 5 workshops to support both the introduction of Atom and the Samsung tablets.
- email and communication
- trainer productivity apps including social bookmarks and cloud file storage
- methodologies for developing and delivering online content including video and QR codes.
- skills for capturing assessment evidence using text, video and audio using the tablets.
- sourcing and updating trainee records on Atom
- apps for remote sign off on the tablets for attendance, assessment and 3rd party assessment reports
Website : ballarat.edu.au