Community based mentoring and training e-mentoring project
Yum Studio's eLearning director, Michael Gwyther has been an e-mentor in this statewide program for the past 5 years. Each Learn Local region is allocated an e-mentor who works with committed Adult Community Education (ACE or Learn Local) organisations. The project aims to enable these community-based providers to uptake and integrate learning technologies into their program design, and adopt the use of eLearning in their course delivery.
Michael is currently the mentor for the Barwon region, working with community-based providers on a range of initiatives including:
- Using wikis to deliver blended delivery of Vocational training
- Integration of iPads into face-to-face teaching and learning
- Adaption of print based resources into e-books and eLearning courses
- A range of digital literacy community based initiatives
- Using web 2 for committee of management communication and information sharing
Michael also supports an e-champion in the region to embed mentoring and learning technologies skills into the region to support the sustainable capacity of the region to respond to initiatives in pedagogy and technology.
Website : acpet.edu.au